We are outdoors lovers in our household, humans and dogs alike. We love fresh air, nature, wildlife and all animals. The more I read, the more I believe that dogs need a high protein, low carbohydrate diet for optimal health, preferably grain free. These two things have something in common: Wild Calling!® pet food. From the nature rich artwork on the bags and cans, to the whole concept behind the food, Wild Calling! fits our active and outdoorsy lifestyle.
We were happy to get the opportunity to give this food a try, and we put our Lab mix Luke in charge. With his bad knees, he is in special need of a quality diet to benefit his muscles and joints, and he is our #1 model around here too (which means he’s the most cooperative with the camera!) He posed for all the photos, and then he generously shared his can of Wild Calling! Mountain Lake food with his sisters.
We feed canned food once per week, mixed with their regular kibble. Luke got to try both together, and I’d definitely say it was a hit! He licked every last drop out of that bowl.
It is a hit with the Momz as well. I feel good knowing Luke is getting the protein he needs to build strong muscles, and the vitamins and minerals to make him strong while maintaining a healthy weight.
Wild Calling! is:
- Made in the USA with high quality USA sourced ingredients.
- It contains a special ingredient called GlycoEdge. GlycoEdge is made from tapioca, sweet potatoes, and lentils, and is intended to provide your dog with a low glycemic diet which leads to consistent energy.
- Wild Calling! believes in grain free nutrition, and the quality rich meats, poultry, and fish they use are hormone and antibiotic free. These proteins help to create an amino acid profile that supports healthy muscle growth and increased energy.
- The ingredients include Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, superfood fruits and vegetables, Vitamins C and E, as well as prebiotics and probiotics.
- No corn, soy, wheat or gluten.
It’s not just the quality in the food, it’s the idea behind that company that appeals to me. They are a:
- Family owned and run company that believes in family first and being “Real, Honest, and True”.
- They also believe in putting pets before profits.
- Their concept for dog food is based on the fact that dogs love to chase anything that runs, swims, or flies.
- They want to provide pets with the best food they can create.
- They strive to be open and honest in all communications with their customers.
If you would like to learn more about Wild Calling!, click on the links below:
- Product Brochure – In here you will find more info about the company, as well all product lines (they have cat food too!), costs to feed, and feeding guidelines.
You can purchase Wild Calling! online at some of your favorite pet retailer websites, or to find a local retailer you can visit their store locator by clicking here.
Callie, Shadow, and Ducky's Mom says
I LOVE Luke’s bowl stand, too! It’s the perfect height for him! I tried those raised bowl stands for Callie & Shadow, but in our little house they just take up too much room — both on the floor and in our limited cabinet space.
As for the food itself? Well, I’d love to be able to feed it to my girls, but they just don’t do well on the premium quality foods. So, I checked out SlimDoggy’s food database and picked out a lower-cost food that got a 4-1/2-5 rating. Since the girls are thriving on it, I guess I’ll stick with it.
That stand is great. It also fits the slow feed bowls we use for him perfectly. Luckily we have extra space in our dining room so we can just leave it out all of the time.
I’m glad you were able to find a food that works for your girls, I think it’s great you could find something with that good of a rating that is more affordable too. SlimDoggy has some great resources!
Sand Spring Chesapeakes says
Great review Luke, I love your feeding station.
The Island Cats says
We tried the cat food and we liked it! The mom was happy because she likes feeding us food that is high quality and good for us.
I’m so glad you tried the cat food! I think we will be trying it for our cats as well. It’s time for a change, and this seems like a great choice.
Groovy Goldendoodles says
Sounds yummy! Love Luke’s personalized food stand. Really nice!
Dolly the Doxie says
Very yummy looking food, and Luke is quite the model now! Love Dolly
Luke is becoming a professional for sure!
easy rider says
great review! Crickets ears looks priceless :o) and I love Luke’s bowl stand, that’s a great idea to avoid a slippery bowl!
Thanks! Those beagle ears are always flying! We found Luke’s bowl on ebay, and just love it!
Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady says
This sounds like a great food!!!
ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!
2 Brown Dawgs says
It looks like the food was a hit!
Good job Luke! Sorry to hear you had to share, though. I do all the work around here and have to share with my sibs too. Kind of a raw deal. Enjoy the Wild food!
I’m starting to learn more about that raw deal….yes, I do all the work and my sisters still get to share, not fair! Well at least we still get more treats than they do!
M. K. Clinton says
Wild Calling! is one of our favorite foods! Our local stores do not carry it, but I can order it from Chewy.com and that is awesome! I’m loving your disclaimer! ♥
Thanks, Melissa! I wanted to try the instructions you got from your hubby for the disclaimer, but I just didn’t have time (I’m always doing everything at the last minute….). I had to do what I knew how to, but I still plan to try his way as well.
We get most of our food from Chewy now too. Our local stores don’t carry any quality foods!