We haven’t tried a lot of pet subscription boxes, so when given an opportunity to try the Pet Treater monthly box, we were happy to do so. The theme for the box we got is “Football” and Luke was happy to be quarterback for the team for this.
To start with, I love the bright colors of the box, and the letter that Luke received from Pet treater’s cute little French bulldog, Cincy.
What I loved the most though was the number of toys that were included. Luke constantly needs new toys. His favorite thing to do in the evenings when his sisters are done for the day is to come sit by me and whine. I always say “What, Lassie?” and ask him to lead my to what he wants. Invariably he heads to the closet where he knows that new toys are kept.
I keep telling him there is not an endless supply of new toys. I’ve even tried stashing old toys in there for a while, and trying to pass them off as new, but he’s not fooled! Therefore, he was quite excited to see a selection of toys in this fun and colorful box.
Pet Treater is new to the subscription box game, having just started this last October, but I think they’ve got it figured out. All their treats are made in either the USA or Canada, and for every box they ship they donate an item – bed, blanket or toy – to a local shelter dog or cat. Each item in these boxes is hand selected, and you’ll see many familiar brand names along with some that may be new to you.
Here is what Luke got in this box:
- Your Pet Chef No Guilt Treats (2 bags!)- Grain free and handmade in the USA with fresh locally grown ingredients – ground chicken, cucumber, radish, and kale. Luke kindly shared with his sisters and they were a hit.
- Multipet Mr. Bill toy – We’ve had Multipet toys before and even though the dogs have to be supervised with them, they’ve loved each and every one. Yes, it really does say “Oh no, Mr. Bill!” when it’s squeezed!
- Nylabone Fun ‘n fit Treat Dispenser – This will come in handy when we finally get Luke using his crate again!
- Exclusively Dog Jerkeez – Pizza flavored! – Chewy chicken treats made in the USA. Shall we save these for the Super Bowl and the Puppy Bowl? They really smell like pizza!
- Nerf Dog Tuff Tug Football – Luke definitely loves this one, and even though he already chewed the rubber on the handle off (I actually cut it off once I saw him into it), it is still intact and making the rounds around the house. Even Sheba was trying to hog it yesterday morning!
- Unique Pet Treat Launcher – I’m not sure if the dogs or the humans will have more fun with this, but I can see it coming in handy for Luke’s training! I thought the loud noise it made might scare him, but it did not (I can never figure out what will scare or not scare my dogs, I swear).
- There was even an item just for the humans! A Salad-to-Go cup, a handy cup with a dressing container built into the top and fork attached to the side.
- A free bed! You can also get a free bed with your first subscription by using the special promo code provided at the end of this post. You can see the pillow bed in the photos. I did not make Luke lie on it to pose and play with those toys – he kept going there himself!
I was impressed with the size of the box and the quantity of items in there. If I had to find fault with anything, it was that all of the treats contained chicken. I know some dogs have allergies to that, and we had thought Luke might too. He had some itchiness back in the spring, and we knew it wasn’t from fleas, but thought it might be from food or seasonal. We had been feeding them fresh chicken around that time so we stopped that to see if it helped. He did stop scratching, but we don’t know if it was because we stopped the chicken or if another irritant went away. Anyway – we had planned to add it back into his diet slowly to find out for sure, since I cook a lot of chicken and want to include it in some of their home cooked meals; so I’m letting him sample the treats. I am also told by the company that you can make specific requests and they will try to comply with it even though they can’t make any promises.
I think anyone who gets these subscription boxes probably has an item here or there that they can’t use, and donating it to your shelter or giving it to a friend is a great thing to do.
In my opinion, this box may be one of the best values out there because of the size. Subscriptions start at $24.99 and go down to $19.99 for a 12 month subscription, and others are available in between. The subscriptions auto renew, but you can cancel at any time. They even have a one time box for $34.99 if you want to give it a try before committing.
So why not treat your pet to Pet Treater? You can get a free bed with your first order by using our special promo code: WAGNWOOF-BED!
You can find Pet treater on their website, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Disclaimer: We were provided with one Pet treater box in exchange for our fair and honest review. We were in no other way compensated, and Wag ‘n Woof Pets only shares products we believe will be of interest to our readers. All opinions are our own.
Groovy Goldendoodles says
What a great box! We used to have a subscription to a monthly surprise but it ended 🙁 Hope Luke enjoyed everything.
He sure did, and they are still enjoying all of it!
Tenacious Little Terrier says
Mr. N also has a thing for new toys! He agrees with Luke that they’re the best.
Dolly the Doxie says
Another monthly box, isn’t the market flooded? But, I guess when you’re Luke there can never be too many! Love Dolly
There are a lot of boxes out there, but we haven’t tried that many, so Luke was definitely up for this assignment! 🙂
Looks like a lot of stuff came in there!
Sand Spring Chesapeakes says
What a great box and Luke had so much fun.
I’m always on the lookout for subscription boxes. Thanks for sharing!
They are so much fun, aren’t they? We love surprises! 🙂
2 Brown Dawgs says
I am glad you tried that box. They contacted me last fall but I was unable to get a sense of what would be in the box and since I had already done a few right together, I decided to decline. Now I know what is in the box…lol. It looks like a fun one.
If you felt like you wanted to do it now, I’d be happy to pass your information along to my contact. Last I knew she said they still had some openings for reviews of their February box.
2 Brown Dawgs says
That is nice of you. You did such a great job and I feel like I have reviewed enough boxes for right now.
Lauren Miller says
That subscription box sounds fantastic! Luke is so cute!
M. K. Clinton says
OMD! That is one jam-packed box of goodies! We had that Kong toy and they boys did the exact same thing to the center plastic. Pet Treater looks like a great deal for the price and the free bed is awesome. ☺
What is it about dogs that so many of them seek out the first vulnerability they can find in a toy? BOL
Two French Bulldogs says
Wow!! That box is awesome
Lily & Edward
Karen cantlin says
I never heard of this. You get a box every month with toys and treats? Like my keurig coffee? I’m definitely checking this out! What fun that would be.
That is correct, Auntie Karen. It is definitely lots of fun! Let us know if you decide to get this for your beagle crew!
karens cantlin says
I had to check it out right away. I got the 6 month subscription and with your code I got a free bed, thank you! I am so excited to get our first box, I know my beagles will love it. I had never heard of it, so thank you Luke and all the wagnwoof crew!
Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady says
Wow, there really is lots of stuff in this one!! Score!
ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!
Oz the Terrier says
That box of loot is HUGE and there are some really great things in there. Unfortunately, I can never get those boxes because most of the time, the treats are all chicken and I am allergic.
That’s too bad, Oz. Someone should come up with a box that is just toys and other accessories, no treats to worry about!
That is the biggest box with the most stuff we have seen yet. Amazing and it looks like Luke is sure loving it!
easy rider says
Luke, they should rename this box in “jackpot box”, what fabulous toys!!! You are a lucky pup! I agree with you, we are boys who can’t get enough toys, right? :o)
You got that right, Easy! 🙂
Hailey and Zaphod says
That is a lot of cool stuff, you are lucky Luke!