Christmas can be a tough time financially for families. Children want so many things these days, and many are spoiled by so many gifts from extended families. Some wise parent came up with the idea of the 4 Gifts 4 Christmas Challenge. The premise is that they would only buy each child 4 things: something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read.
Those of us who have pets in addition to or instead of children, also often have spoiled “pet children”. I know mine are. I buy stuff for them all year long, not to mention all the products we get to review for the blog. But I still can’t help myself from wanting to buy them Christmas gifts as well. So when one of our fellow blog friends at Kol’s Notes came up with the idea to do the 4 Gifts for Pets blog hop, we wanted to play along. But what would we narrow those gifts down to (we chose to change “read” to “eat”)?
- Want: Sam just loves this warm bed from Drs. Foster & Smith. In most of the photos you see of her, she’s lying on it. It has a self heating core. She would love a second bed to keep in one of her other favorite spots in the house that she sleeps in.
- Need: Samantha needs a new house, and we are trying to sell ours and buy one with only one level. She is too tired and lazy to traipse up and down two flights of stairs when she needs to use the litter box (who can blame her? She’s 13 years old!). Plus those annoying dogs are often blocking it or waiting for her to come out the hole in the door from her room.
- Wear: Sam doesn’t wear a lot, but she has modeled collars for us for some giveaways. She seems OK with wearing a bell collar from K9Bytes Gifts, and why shouldn’t she have a nice holiday one just like the dogs do?
- Eat: You’ve probably heard me say how fussy Sam is. She loves these Greenies Dental Cat Treats, and I love that they’re good for her teeth! There are other treats she likes, but she doesn’t chew soft treats very well, so they sometimes “come back up”. So we stick to what works, and any fish flavor is her favorite.
- Want: Cricket is obsessed with the West Paw Design Zogoflex Jive Ball. They are the only balls that she’ll play with, and even though we already have a few, she wants a new one every Christmas.
- Need: In order for the Momz to quit making excuses to not go for walks in the rain, Cricket needs a raincoat. We would really like this one from Made By De. It is custom, handmade, and of high quality.
- Wear: Luke got a leather embroidered collar from Hot Dog Collars, and I absolutely love it. This one is personalized and embroidered. Cricket will be getting one soon too.
- Eat: Cricket is not fussy when it comes to treats, but last Christmas these Fruitables Vanilla Snowflake Yogurt Treat were a huge hit! They are made with Greek yogurt and real snow!
- Want: Sheba loves nothing better than de-stuffing toys. She is closely supervised because she can quickly zero in on the squeaker. I will pull the squeaker out and then let her have a blast pulling them apart. These plush toys from Drs. Foster & Smith are soft, loaded with stuffing, and inexpensive.
- Need: Sheba loves swimming more than anything, but we don’t get to go as often as she’d like. If we can sell our house and buy the one we’re looking at, she’s going to get her very own pond. That’s a big gift, a whole house and pond! It’s really for all of us though.
- Wear: A good part of Sheba’s side is shaved from her recent surgery, so she’s going to need a coat to wear over that once her stitches are out and we spend more time out in the cold. We recently saw these nice jackets from Hurtta on a friend’s blog; The Adventures of Zoe and Phoenix. They are holding a giveaway for these coats through December 12th if you want to enter to win too (or don’t, then we have more chances to win 🙂 ). Thank you to ZoePhee for allowing us to use their photo as well!
- Eat: It looks like there’s a chance Sheba is going to be fighting cancer again. So we are trying to keep her on a healthy grain free diet. I know she would love these special One Dog Organic immune support treats, in a fun keepsake tin.
- Want: Luke has had toys similar to this Spunky Pup Squeaky Gems Diamond Toy, and he loves the bounce and the squeak. Hopefully this one holds up to his strong jaws longer than the others have.
- Need: Luke’s reactivity has been worse lately, especially in the car. He barks at everything. I’d love to try one of these Calming Collars to see if it helps.
- Wear: Luke loves wearing bandanas and I love how handsome he looks in them. We recently got Halloween collars for all the dogs from Collarific. I love how these slip right over their collars so that they stay on nicely. He definitely needs more of these for all occasions!
- Eat: Training is ongoing with Luke, so we can’t get enough training treats. Luke would like to try the Sojos Dog Treats – Bacon Cheddar flavor.
What four things would you get for your pet(s)?
Disclaimer: We are sharing these products because they are some of our favorites or products we want to try. We were not compensated for this post, but some links are affiliate links. If you click on and order through those links we may receive a small commission.
Thank you to Kol’s Notes for hosting this fun hop, please visit other blogs through the links below.