We recently received the Liebster Award from two different blog friends (liebster is a German word that means “dearest”). Back in November, we received it from our friend Jodi at Heart Like a Dog, and more recently from Gilligan at Wags Ahoy. Part of the acceptance of this award is to answer questions posed by each of them. I thought I’d throw all the questions together in one post….by the end of it you may know more about me than you ever wanted to….ha ha.
Questions posed by Jodi:
- How long have you been blogging? 2 ½ years
- Have your reasons for blogging changed since you first started? No, I still blog for enjoyment as well as trying to make a little extra money.
- Is your blog for fun or are you looking for something more? If the latter what? I’ve always wanted it to be a part time job where I could make some money working from home, so I could be home for the pets more. I consider it a hobby/part time job.
- How do you judge how well your blogging is going? Mostly by the number of comments I receive on my posts.
- What do you like to do when you aren’t blogging? My next favorite hobby is gardening. Of course, around here, that only lasts about 6 months of the year, so during the winter I just have to plan and dream about what I will grow in the coming season.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Honestly, I’ve always been happy here in New England, and I’m not sure I’d ever really want to leave. I think the Maine seacoast would be my favorite place to live and still stay in New England.
- If you could talk to any one person, living or dead, who would it be? My mother, who passed away over 15 years ago. I miss the conversations we used to have, I could talk to her about anything.
- What is your favorite meal? New England boiled dinner made with ham, not corned beef.
- How do you define success in your life? By how happy I am, and by the people in my life. Enjoying life with people (and pets) I love and being happy seems to me our whole purpose to be here.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? This blog!
And now from Gilligan:
- What is the most interesting location you have traveled to, and what made it so special? I’m not much of a traveler, but in the 1980’s I went on a road trip to Florida. We drove all the way to the southernmost point of the Florida Keys, and that’s the one place I’ve always wanted to go back to.
- What method have you found works best for reaching more blog followers and engaging your audience? Visiting and commenting on other blogs.
- How much time per week do you dedicate to your blog? Wow, that’s tough because I’m on and off it all of the time, if you count visiting other blogs and social media. I’m going to say A LOT. It was supposed to be my part time job and I may spend up to 20-30 hours per week on it!
- What is your strategy for engaging brands, and how many brands do you work regularly with? I’m not sure I have one. I don’t do a lot outside of BlogPaws campaigns, this is something I really need to work on more.
- Would you ever consider adding a new dachshund puppy to your family (regardless of your current family makeup?) Absolutely, I love dachshunds!
- What is your number one talent that sets you apart from the rest of the “pack”? I’m drawing a blank on this one!
- Would you ever consider appearing in a music video? Is so, what genre would it be? Sure, why not? Country music is my favorite, and I sure wouldn’t mind being in a video with Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, or Dierks Bentley!
- Are you planning to attend the BlogPaws 2015 conference? Yes, and I’m so excited since it will be my first time! Optional follow-up: If so, does the revenue generated from your blog site cover the costs of your attendance? No, but I can hope for a better year and maybe by the end of it, it will!
- What is the next major goal or new milestone you hope to accomplish with your blog? I’d like to have an ongoing relationship with a quality brand, instead of just a post here and there. I hope going to BlogPaws will help me accomplish that.
- What is your ultimate “dream come true”? See above….living on the seacoast, or actually any body of water where the dogs could swim all they want!
- What aspects constitute the “perfect walk” (in terms of location, length of time, activities, etc.)? I love to walk early in the morning, and I love our local rail trail because you can walk any distance you want. I also love to walk with my sisters so we can chat as well, but getting them up early in the morning simply doesn’t happen!
There are other rules to accepting this award, but I’m going to kind of skim over those (I’m always breaking these award rules!) this time. I just want to thank both Jodi and Gilligan for passing this on to me, and for wanting to learn more about us and the blog. The pet blogging community is the one thing that makes this “job” so special! There are just too many other blogs out there that I enjoy to pick and choose who I would pass this award on to, plus most of them have already received it.