We are joining the This ‘N That Thursday blog hop hosted by 2 Brown Dawgs. “A little of this, a little of that, and everything inbetween“.
My First Blogiversary
Yesterday was my first blogiversary! I cannot believe that it has been a year that I’ve been writing this now. My first post on that date was just a “Welcome”, outlining my plans for the blog, and inviting people to read. It actually garnered 7 comments. They were all from family and friends, but that still counts, right? They gave me encouragement that was much appreciated at the time. I didn’t actually write my first “real” post until September 1st. I’m not sure why it took me 10 days to write the next one, I guess that first one wore me out. More likely it was the whole setting up of the website and WordPress that wore me out!
I think I’ve stuck pretty well to what my original plan for the blog was. What surprised me the most about this was how much inspiration I have gotten from fellow pet bloggers. They not only have inspired my writing topics, but they have inspired me to be a better pet Mom. I have learned so much, and I hope I have maybe helped others also. My first header looked like this:
Then I had a friend design a logo and I had that for a while, but decided to design my own with my dogs in it. I hope to have a new one at some point soon too. There are still a lot of things I want to do with the blog esthetically, and more things I want to learn to include such as videos. But so far so good: I have written 143 posts and have 1628 comments; that does count my own comments, but excludes spam – there’s probably been thousands of spam comments! So far I haven’t experienced any writer’s block, in fact, I have a mile long list of topics I have yet to get to!
I was thrilled to be nominated for two blogging awards recently. I love receiving these awards because being recognized by my fellow bloggers means a lot to me. One of the best things about blogging is being part of this community. The first one was The Versatile Blogger award from Dogs ‘N Pawz. I already thanked the gang over there for sharing this great award with me! I am also supposed to share 7 things about myself and pass the award on to 15 other blogs.
I am going to share one thing about each of the members of our household:
- Our cat Conrad used to be an outdoor cat when we first got him. Now he is an indoor cat and more than happy with that.
- On the other hand, our cat Samantha has been an indoor cat since the day we got her, but she lives to try to sneak out the door when we aren’t looking!
- One of Cricket’s favorite ways to sleep is this:
- Kobi hasn’t played with toys for years and years. He used to play with toys with his sister Maggie a lot, but once she was gone I don’t remember ever seeing him with one.
- Sheba doesn’t play with her stuffy toys as much since her brother Moses has been gone either. Does that seem strangely similar to what happened with Kobi and toys?
- When I was a child my favorite toy was a stuffed dog named Lucy. I kept her well into my twenties. Someday I hope to have a dog I can name Lucy, and that she also lives into her twenties!
- Long before I knew my husband he had an Irish Setter named Randy. Randy was very high energy and even jumped through a window once (he was okay). I think it was not long after that Randy went to live on a farm where he could expend all that energy better!
The next award was from Jack and the crew over at SlimDoggy, the Super Sweet Blogging Award. There are questions to be answered for this award. I actually received this award way back in January (that makes me a two time award winner! :)), so I am cutting and pasting my answers from the post I wrote then (they would still be the same):
- Cookies or cake? Absolutely cake. The only reason I still want to celebrate my birthdays is so I can get cake.
- Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla for sure. I am not a chocolate nut like a lot of people are. I always have to be different. I like chocolate, but especially with ice cream will always choose vanilla first.
- What is your favorite sweet treat? York Peppermint Patties. I like the mini ones. Just two will satisfy my sweet cravings, and that is a good thing.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? All of the time! I inherited a relentless sweet tooth from my father.
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? I do have one! My husband always calls me “Honey”.
This is also supposed to be passed on, but I am going to cop out on that part for both of these awards. Frankly, most of the blogs I would have nominated are already on the lists from Dogs ‘N Pawz, and SlimDoggy. I was honored to be in such good company!