Our regular readers know that I bake my own organic dog cookies to sell, using ingredients like eggs from our little farm where I can. That might lead you to believe that our Lab mix Luke gets an endless supply of homemade dog treats.
However, the truth is, I’m usually cutting it close on my baking, with each of my recipes making just enough to bag up and sell to the three local businesses that are carrying them right now. There might be a few extras, or I might occasionally over-cook them, but there is rarely a lot leftover for Luke.
We try to keep Luke slim and trim because of his bad knees, so there is less stress on those joints. Lately, however, we think we’ve let him get a little too slim, so we’ve increased his meals and his treats. With a lot going on, I just don’t have the time to bake extras just for him right now. Therefore, I still need to purchase some.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by H&P Dog Treats; we received the products seen here in exchange for our fair and honest review. Wag ‘n Woof Pets only shares products we believe will be of interest to our readers, and that we use ourselves. All opinions are our own.
It stands to reason that if I use wholesome ingredients for my own homemade treats, that I’m going to be looking for the same when buying treats for Luke. H&P Dog Treats definitely fit that bill (H&P stands for Henry & Penny, two adorable french bulldogs). They started baking their own treats for the same reason I did – wanting to provide healthy treats with quality ingredients and not all the artificial and processed junk so many commercial pet products include.
Your dog will never know it wasn’t you that made them this breakfast buffet of Banana Bread, Henry Home Fries, and Penny Pancakes! Just like my own, these treats are handmade in small batches “with love”, just like you would do too – if only you had the time. In addition, there are many other reasons to choose these treats for your dog(s), other than the fact they’ll love them:
- They are USDA approved and made in a licensed bakery in the USA.
- They are all-natural, with no chemicals, preservatives, or artificial colors and flavors.
- All of those ingredients are also human grade and sourced locally.
- Each bag is individually heat sealed for maximum freshness, with a shelf life of 1 year (not that anyone’s dog treats last that long, right?).
- We care about the environment too, so it’s important to us that each bag is BPA free and recyclable.
- Some of the healthy ingredients they use are: applesauce, bananas, cinnamon, peanut butter, honey, carrots, sweet potatoes, and grain free flours.
Henry & Penny also have a boutique shop and a huge following on Instagram. Check out all they have to offer on their website and social media, including Facebook. In addition, we are offering a giveaway of these healthy treats: three readers will each win a bag of H&P Dog Treats. Just fill out the Rafflecopter below. No one will tell your dog that you didn’t bake these yourself! 😊